GLOBUS 2019: Tanzania: The Serengeti & Beyond with Zanzibar - Stone Town (QZE)
11 days from Arusha to Dar es Salaam
Call (781) 545-4281 for more information or to book today! Mention code 14249982
- Tour Operator
- Offer valid through 3/31/2019
- 11 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Arusha||Welcome to Africa! Hotel rooms are available for mid-afternoon check-in.|
|Day 2||Tarangire National Park||Start today with a visit to the SHANGA WORKSHOP, a remarkable place dedicated to providing employment opportunities to Tanzanians with disabilities. Here, workers use recycled materials to make a variety of handicrafts. After lunch, drive south to TARANGIRE NATIONAL PARK, where the savannah grasslands are dotted with baobab and acacia trees. Enjoy a GAME DRIVE en route to your lodge. (B,L,D)|
|Day 3||Tarangire||Today features MORNING & AFTERNOON GAME DRIVES. The Tarangire River provides the park a permanent water source, which makes for great game viewing year round. This is highlighted by a large population of elephants. You can also see wildebeest, eland, zebra, and Cape buffalo congregate around water holes. Relax at your lodge during the heat of the day. (B,L,D)|
|Day 4||Lake Manyara National Park||This morning, depart for LAKE MANYARA NATIONAL PARK at the base of the Rift Valley escarpment. This small park is ecologically diverse, with groundwater forests, grassy plains, and alkaline Lake Manyara itself. Enjoy MORNING & AFTERNOON GAME DRIVES, with the chance to see elephant, giraffe, zebra, and Cape buffalo. The park is also home to the world's largest concentration of baboon. (B,L,D)|
|Day 5||Ngorongoro Crater||Journey to the nearby village of TLOMA. Here, you will visit a LF LOCAL FAMILY'S HOME to learn more about the local Iraqw culture and their traditional way of life. Also, stop at a [LF] LOCAL PRIMARY SCHOOL to visit with the children and learn about the educational system in rural Tanzania. After lunch at beautiful Gibb's Farm, continue on to the rim of NGORONGORO CRATER, which is part of the larger Ngorongoro Conservation Area. (B,L,D)|
|Day 6||Ngorongoro||Descend into the crater for a FULL-DAY GAME DRIVE. Ngorongoro Crater is technically a caldera-the world's largest unflooded one, in fact, at more than 2,000 feet deep with a floor covering over 102 square miles. Game viewing here is fantastic, as most of the animals stay in this area year round. You can see lion, Cape buffalo, hippo, elephant, and flamingo. This is also your best chance to see the rare black rhinoceros. A picnic lunch will be served in the crater. (B,L,D)|
|Day 7||Serengeti National Park||This morning, depart Ngorongoro Crater for SERENGETI NATIONAL PARK, Tanzania's largest and most famous park. Home to the annual Great Migration of wildebeest and zebra, generally between late November and July, the Serengeti attracts visitors from around the world and is great for game viewing year round. After lunch at your lodge, embark on an AFTERNOON GAME DRIVE. As the sun sets, savor SUNDOWNER DRINKS and watch a [LF] TRADITIONAL MAASAI DANCE PERFORMANCE. (B,L,D)NOTE: The Great Migration is a natural event, and the exact arrival/departure of the migrating herds varies slightly from year to year.|
|Day 8||Serengeti||The Serengeti covers an area of roughly 5,700 square miles, so it is no surprise that the name comes from the Maasai word siringit, meaning 'endless plains.' Rise early for a MORNING GAME DRIVE. Your skilled guide will help you search for the 'Big 5'-lion, leopard, Cape buffalo, elephant, and rhino-as well as an abundance of other animals, including cheetah, giraffe, warthog, gazelle, and eland. Afterwards, an exclusive [LF] BUSH BREAKFAST awaits. Sip on a mimosa as you savor every moment of the memorable experience! Return to your camp and relax prior to your AFTERNOON GAME DRIVE. (B,L,D)|
|Day 9||Stone Town||This morning, fly via Arusha to Stone Town, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Transfer to your hotel and enjoy the rest of the day at leisure. (B,L)|
|Day 10||Stone Town||Today, explore the highlights of Stone Town on a PRIVATE GUIDED TOUR. Start with a WALKING TOUR featuring the Old Fort, National Palace, slave caves, and the spice markets. Afterward, visit JOZANI FOREST, where you will take a walk through the forest with a local Ranger. Learn more about the forest fauna, walk through the mangrove swamps, and see the rare red colobus monkey, found only in Zanzibar. The remainder of the day is at your leisure. (B,L)|
|Day 11||Dar Es Salaam||Fly to Dar es Salaam, where your vacation ends. We have secured a day room at the Dar es Salaam Serena Hotel for you to use prior to your homebound flight. Book homebound flights after 4 pm. (B)|
- US$ Price Details
Dates & Prices do not include air travel. Participation in this vacation requires purchase of the following flights from Globus, not included in pricing: (1) roundtrip air from your U.S. gateway and intra-vacation air segments; or (2) intra-vacation air segments only, starting at $608. Required intra-vacation air segments are: Serengeti/Arusha; Arusha/Zanzibar; Zanzibar/Dar es Salaam. Air prices were effective on July 11, 2018, and their availability is limited. At the time you purchase your tour, air prices may be higher. Gratuities for Tour Director, driver, and Local Guides are available for pre-purchase. Any gratuities for extensions cannot be pre-paid. Prices based on double room occupancy.Park entrance fees of $496 per person are included.Single Room Supplement: $125 to $860Triple Rooms are not available.Extra Nights per person in Arusha:January-February & June-October: in single room $213; in twin room $148March & May: in single room $179; in twin room $1212020 prices and itineraries are subject to change. Details will be available in July 2019.
Travel Terms & Conditions
The purchase of any travel services offered by Globus, constitutes a contractual arrangement between you (the Traveler) and Globus, and represents your acceptance of the Terms & Conditions. Please ensure that you read carefully and understand the Terms & Conditions prior to booking. These Terms & Conditions cover Deposit & Final Payment information, Air-Inclusive Deposits & Final Payment, Revisions & Revision Fees, Air Arrangements, Participation, Travelers Who Need Special Assistance, Young Travelers, Smoking, Price Policy, Visas and Passports, Hotels & Accommodations, Baggage Allowance, Travel Documents, Not Included in the Land Price, Refunds, Service Inquires After the Vacation, Holidays, Safety, Photos & Pictures, Optional Excursions, and Responsibility.
- Vacation departures, itineraries and prices are subject to change.
- A non-refundable, non-transferable deposit is required for Globus to reserve space for you. View Terms & Conditions for limited exceptions.
- The following charges are not included in the land vacation price unless otherwise noted: airfare to and from the start of your vacation; Intra-vacation air unless specified in the itinerary; airline baggage fees including checked and/or excess baggage fees; Federal inspection fees for the Federal U.S. Customs and Immigrations; International Air Transportation tax; agricultural tax; other per person taxes imposed by government entities; airport taxes and fees including the September 11th Security fee up to $11.20 per person, passenger facility charges up to $18 per person, Federal domestic flight segment fees up to $4.00 per segment, and U.S. and International arrival and departure and other government-imposed added by the airline and applicable at time of booking; port taxes; passports; visas (except on Cuba programs) and vaccinations; tips to your Tour or Cruise Director, Globus Group Leader in Cuba, Local Host, driver, Local Guides, and/or ship's crew; gratuities on ferries, trains, and cruise ships; laundry; telephone; minibar; alcohol, beverages, and food outside of the contracted Globus menu as presented at a hotel or restaurant or onboard your vessel (these extra items will be billed to you before leaving the hotel, ship, or restaurant); airport transfers on non-qualifying flights; optional excursions; additional activities and excursions purchased online; porterage at airports and train stations; Travel Protection; and all other items of a personal nature.
Booking your Vacation with Air
For air departure dates within 331 days, you'll be offered a choice of carriers and flight schedules as well as price points to choose from when selecting your flights. Your schedule will be provided to you at the time of booking (schedules are subject to change by carriers). Globus offers 2 air options: Flex Air and Instant Purchase Air. Flex Air allows flexibility if you want to make changes to your vacation schedule. Instant Purchase Air may offer additional airline options but has more restrictions. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. Guaranteed air-inclusive prices: air is only available to passengers traveling from the United States and only available when booked in conjunction with a land vacation. An additional $300 per person non-refundable air deposit is required for Flex Air booked in conjunction with any land vacation (i.e. air-inclusive vacation). Air can only be booked by Globus in conjunction with a vacation package. Instant Purchase Air requires air payment in full at time of booking (i.e. air-inclusive vacation) plus non-refundable per person service fee ($30 for North/Central America, $50 for Europe/Middle East and $80 for all other destinations. Once booked, Instant Purchase Air is non-refundable, and non-changeable. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. However, once your airfare is confirmed and Globus has received your full air and land deposit, your air-inclusive vacation price is guaranteed.
Air-Inclusive Vacations - Applicable Taxes & Fees
Air-inclusive vacations include government-imposed taxes and fees applicable at the time of booking and will be shown as a Total Amount. Additional airline fees for baggage may apply. At the time of booking your air-inclusive vacation online, carrier Websites will be provided to check baggage fees, or you can visit www.iflybags.com for up-to-date baggage pricing/restrictions. For return travel from some countries, international travelers are required to pay entry and/or exit fees at the airport. These fees will be collected by the local government and are payable by the traveler at time of travel. Your confirmation booking information will contain information about these fees.
* The "Starting at" or listed price is based on the lowest price available to book. Price is per passenger based on double occupancy and does not include airfare; additional fees/charges are not included. If a price is crossed out, the new price shown includes a limited time promotional offer(s) - please review current promotions or deals for additional information. Some tours require intra-vacation flights (and in some cases intra-vacation segments must be purchased from Globus).